Introduction: Cathedral church of the redemption, where there is a beautiful silver cross donated by Lord Irwin after being mesmerized by the beautiful structure. Located to the east of President’s House, this church is not that innovatively constructed. But still this cathedral is among the most beautiful and magnificent churches in India. It has beautifully curved high arches and delicate domes. It is built in such a way that even during the intense summer, the church remains cool & comfortable. The interiors has little white openings that filter in the sunlight and gorgeous stained glass windows all made up of white stone. There are three entrances from the North, South & West. One can say that it is a great example of wonderful tribute to Indian Christian life. Undoubtedly, one will fall in love with the architecture and traditional sitting style.
History: Though it had already opened to public but the church was officially opened to public on Sunday, 18 January 1931. Cathedral took almost four years to be built and was completely constructed at the end of 1935. The Church was designed by Henry Alexander Medd. The Design was inspired by the Palladio Church of ll Redentore in Venice and also Lutyen’s Hampstead church. This church is the proud owner of a 1733 Cambridge Press published Bible which was bound in red leather.
Timings: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Prayer timings: Sunday 8:30 AM
Address: Church Road, Presidents Estate, New Delhi-110001
Nearest metro station: Patel chowk
Celebrations: Easter and Christmas
Contact no.: 011-23094229