All you need to know about one of the prominent historical monuments of India, Red Fort. This fort has hidden so many undiscovered secrets within itself. Take a look at the rich history of Mughal enveloped in the magnificence Delhi. This short trail of Red Fort will take you to the glorious history of Mughal Empire and their prominent places. A heritage walk which is ideal for friends, family, and even couples. ‘Red Fort’ or ‘Lal Quila’, which is one of the grand legacies of the Mughal Empire, Shah Jahan, who moved the capital of his empire from Agra to Delhi. The red fort was the residence of the Mughal emperor for nearly 200 years. Due to Delhi being the capital of India and was the good part of the Mughal rule, Red Fort has been one of the important monuments through the years. It is a witness of a long journey of the freedom struggle.
- Learn more about the history of this royal palace “The Red Fort” with stories narrated by a local delhiite.
- become a spectator of the unique architectural style – a perfect blend of Persian and Indian architecture can be spotted.
- Explore the streets of Old Delhi, home to silversmiths, repair shops, spicy street food vendors and more.
- Visit Dariba Kalan (the silver market built for emperors daughter) and Kinari Bazaar (wedding market).
- Ride a Tuk Tuk (Cycle Rickshaw) through the narrow alleys of Delhi
About the Tour
Let’s wander in the alley of Shahjahanabad(OLD DELHI) while making our way through narrow streets of Old Delhi and see the historic fort that once served as the main residence of the Mughal Emperors. After being picked up or you can choose yourself a convenient transport from your hotel or meet us at given meeting point. As soon as we step inside the Fort, you’ll get to explore the public and private halls of the residence, the women’s quarters and the baths and gardens of the Mughal emperors. We will take you to the bustling local markets namely Kinari Bazar and Dariba Kalan. We will also be visiting some religious places of worship to witness different religious backgrounds belong to Mughal Period. See the Ganj Sahib of Sikhism, built at the site where Guru Tegh Bahadur was beheaded by Mughal emperor Aurangzeb as he refused to convert himself to Islam. You’ll also visit the Lal Mandir one of the biggest temples of Shahjahanabad which also houses a bird hospital. After tasting a delicacy and exploring the diverse culture of India, the tour will end at the entrance of the Chandni Chowk Metro Station. After that you can continue to explore different sites on your own (or get dropped off at your hotel).
- Car (good for groups of 4): Toyota Etios or Maruti Swift Dezire (depends on avalability)
- Tangaa or Tuk Tuk
- Meet your guide at given meeting point at 9:30 in the morning.
- As soon as we meet we will start interacting and telling you some stories related to our mesmerising city.
- Visit to The Great Grand RED FORT or Lal Quila.
- After visiting the Fort we have breakfast and then head towards Dariba Kalan (the silver market), Kinari Bazaar (wedding market).
- Visit Gurdwara Sees Ganj Sahib, Jama Masjid, Hindu temples, Jain derasars and churches
- 6:00pm conclude the tour at the exit point of Red Fort/drop off at hotel
- Children aged 0-5 are free of charge
- Please dress modestly as while visiting religious places one has to be dressed properly
- Entrance fees to the Red Fort has to be paid by the traveler in cash at the ticket counter (INR500 per person).
Pick Up and Drop:
- Pick up and drop off services (In Metro or Cabs) are available for hotels located in Delhi Main City or airport area.
- Sometimes these services will not be provided due to short time period of booking made.
- Meet up time: 9:00AM
- Meeting point will be Red Fort ticket counter (It can be modified for bulk booking)
- One can take metro from the closest metro station and de-board at Chandni Chowk metro station or Red Fort Metro Station.
- Either walk till entry gate or take a tuk-tuk to reach Red Fort.