We all know that the mughals loved gardens and it is clearly visible in the Humayun Tomb. Humayun was the second Mughal emperor. Tomb is located in the eastern part of Dehli i.e Nizamuddin. Humayun Tomb is one of the best.
Preserved Mughal monuments In many ways this magnificent red and white palace is as beautiful as Taj mahal at Agra. The height of tomb is more than 46 meters (approximately) and its breadth is more than 90 meters.
(approximately). The tomb was constructed at a cost of more than 15lacs (1.5 million) designed by a Persian architect.
Mirak Mirza Ghiyasuddin.
- Learn more about the history of this royal palace “The Red Fort” with stories narrated by a local delhiite.
- become a spectator of the unique architectural style – a perfect blend of Persian and Indian architecture can be spotted.
- Explore the streets of Old Delhi, home to silversmiths, repair shops, spicy street food vendors and more.
- Visit Dariba Kalan (the silver market built for emperors daughter) and Kinari Bazaar (wedding market).
- Ride a Tuk Tuk (Cycle Rickshaw) through the narrow alleys of Delhi
About the Tour
Let’s wander in the alley of Shahjahanabad(OLD DELHI) while making our way through narrow streets of Old Delhi and see the historic fort that once served as the main residence of the Mughal Emperors. After being picked up or you can choose yourself a convenient transport from your hotel or meet us at given meeting point. As soon as we step inside the Fort, you’ll get to explore the public and private halls of the residence, the women’s quarters and the baths and gardens of the Mughal emperors.
We will take you to the bustling local markets namely Kinari Bazar and Dariba Kalan. We will also be visiting some religious places of worship to witness different religious backgrounds belong to Mughal Period. See the Ganj Sahib of Sikhism, built at the site where Guru Tegh Bahadur was beheaded by Mughal emperor Aurangzeb as he refused to convert himself to Islam. You’ll also visit the Lal Mandir one of the biggest temples of Shahjahanabad which also houses a bird hospital. After tasting a delicacy and exploring the diverse culture of India, the tour will end at the entrance of the Chandni Chowk Metro Station. After that you can continue to explore different sites on your own (or get dropped off at your hotel).
- Car (good for groups of 4): Toyota Etios or Maruti Swift Dezire (depends on avalability)
- Tangaa or Tuk Tuk